Session Title: Everything you need to know about Temporal Tables
Speaker(s): Magnus Ahlkvist
Abstract: Temporal Tables (or system versioned tables) were introduced in SQL Server 2016 as a way to automatically version rows within a table.
In this session I will present:
– Create a new table which is system versioned
– Start system versioning on existing tables.
– Transform a main/history-table pair from application versioned to system versioned.
– How to query using the SYSTEM TIME AS OF extensions to SELECT queires.
– How to use the Row Start and Row End attributes for delta loads into a data warehouse.
– How to load Type 2 Slowly Changing Dimensions using system versioned tables
– Performance considerations for your history table.
500+ sessions are now available on-demand from Data Platform Summit 2022, 2021 & 2020 at no cost. Browse all sessions.
Stay tuned, more learning coming your way.