Date(s) - 09/06/2018
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Data Platform Day
|Event Type||Free In-Person Event (Half Day)|
|Session 1||Query performance troubleshooting|
Abstract: In this session you will learn following topics:
1. Query performance troubleshooting fundamentals
2. Troubleshooting Enhancements
3. SQL server management Studio plan explorer
4. Understanding basic fundamentals of troubleshooting query performance
5. Factors that can effect query performance
Key Learning: exploring new DMVs and plan explorer for SQL Server 2016/2017 to troubleshoot query performance.
|Session 2||Sql Azure managed instance
Abstract: In this session we will talk about the new Azure SQL Database Managed Instance feature which is a new flavor of Azure sql DB. Managed Instance is a new managed database service that represents fully-managed SQL Server Instance in Azure cloud. It shares the same code with the latest version of SQL Server Database Engine and has the latest features, performance improvements, and security patches. We will discuss its Architecture , Scaling, Connectivity , security and much more.
Speaker: Mukesh Kumar (Microsoft)
|Tea/Coffee Break||10 Minutes||Session 3||SQL Server Indexing – Basics
Abstract: In this session, we are going to cover the basics of Clustered Indexes & Non-Clustered Indexes.
1. How to create them and some best practices to follow.
2. What is a covering index and how is it useful.
3. What is fragmentation and how to defrag indexes
4. What is fill factor and how is is useful.
This is going to be a level 100 session targeted towards Developers & DBAs beginning their careers with SQL Server.
Speaker: Satya Ramesh
|Date & Time||Saturday 09th June 2018 (9:30 AM – 1:30 PM)
Note: Come by 9:00 AM for registration and security formalities. Please be seated by 9:30 AM.
|Venue||Microsoft Corporation 4th Floor
Hamilton Hall, Signature Building
Embassy Golf Links Business Park,
Intermediate Ring Road,
Domlur, Bangalore – 560071
Bookings are closed for this event.