What a spectacular start to DataPlatformGeeks’ first Data Platform Day event of 2019 at Microsoft office, Bellandur, Bengaluru on February 2nd, 2019. Thanks to Microsoft and Manipal ProLearn (Knowledge Partner), this multi-track event with multiple sessions under each track was house-full within days of announcement. 300 attendees, 15 parallel sessions, 4 tracks – Data Science, Azure, Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics, Database Administration and Development.
The Feb 2 event registrations began at 8 am and went till 9.00 am. Sessions began sharp at 9:00 am parallely in three MPRs (Halls). The first slot of speakers were Don Rohan Castelino (Microsoft) & Pooja Kamath (Microsoft) on Azure Cognitive Services, Krishnakumar Rukmangathan (Microsoft) & Madhuban Singh Joshal (Microsoft) on ETL on Linux with SSIS and Troubleshooting Transaction Log File Growth Issues by Sravani Saluru (Microsoft) & Swetha S (Microsoft).
After the first set of sessions, the three rooms were merged and converted into a massive single room with 300 techies witnessing the community of launch of Data Platform Summit 2019. Amit Bansal, the founder of the conference unveiled the new theme and the logo of DPS 2019 in-front of 300 intrigued audience including the eDominer team, DPG Regional Mentors & Manipal Prolearn team.
DPS 2019 Dates:
Pre-Cons – August 19, 20 & 21.
Summit – August 22, 23 & 24.
Venue – Radisson BLU, Outer Ring Road, Bengaluru.
Here is the video that you should not miss
Two alumnus of DPS also spoke about their experience at our previous summits and how Data Platform Summit helped their careers & projects. It was absolutely wonderful to hear such testimonials.
DPS 2019 registrations are now open. You can book your seat now at the lowest price. Remember, Data Platform Summit price increases on the first of every month. Click Here to learn more about DPS 2019.
And for the next best part, THE GROUP PICTURE! It was hard, but we managed to take a great picture in the packed room with 300 folks. You can see the attendees holding and reading DPS 2019’s new catalogue above.
After a quick refreshment break, we continued with the regular sessions. In room 1, Rendezvous with Azure Machine Learning Service by Sandeep Alur (Microsoft). Room 2, Paginated reports in Power BI by Kane Conway (Microsoft) & in room 3, we had Troubleshooting Availability Groups by Hemanth Tarra (Microsoft). All packed sessions once again.
With that, we ended the first half of the event. During the lunch break at Microsoft Cafeteria, attendees networked as they stood in the queue for lunch.
During the sessions & the breaks, the delegates were continuously posting on social media with the #dps10.
Post lunch sessions began at 1: 45. Develop and Deploy AML model using Azure Databricks and Kubernetes by Sudhir Rawat (Microsoft). Sanjay Raut (Microsoft) took a session on Bringing Data to Data Warehouse. Azure ARM & Azure PowerShell for SQL Server Automation by Avanish Panchal (Regional Mentor, DPG). Again, packed sessions even in the afternoon.
After a quick break, we moved on to the next set of parallel sessions. Data Visualisation Using Microsoft Power BI tool by Amit Kumar Choudhary (Manipal ProLearn). Sanjay Raut (Microsoft) took the second part of his session i.e Setting up Analytics on Data. The other parallel session was Execution Plan Analysis & Query Tuning by Amit Bansal (SQLMaestros).
It was time for the last 3 sessions for the day. It was amazing to see how passionate people were to learn, so much that almost all of them stayed till the end and we had houseful sessions. Introduction to Feature Engineering – Machine Learning by Sandip Pani (Regional Mentor, DPG), Azure Analysis Services by Jaideep Roy (Microsoft) & Vikas Kumar (Microsoft) and SQL Server Aggregations by Satya Ramesh (SQLMaestros)
The full day of learning with 15 technical sessions from Microsoft & Industry Experts ended successfully with some great feedback. It was then time to give away the prizes and goodies and of course, like every year, the big ticket to DPS 2019. But, not before some fun moments with Amit Bansal and the eDominer & DPG team.
The mega prize of the day was a free, a full-access, 3-day DPS 2019 pass. And it was won by Saifali Nabbuwale for spreading the work about DPS 2019 in his social media channels. Many attendees received goodies like Bags, bottles, pen-stands, Posters etc.
As always, we thank Microsoft for supporting our events with its state-of-the-art infrastructure & subject-matter-experts. Great efforts by the eDominer & DPG Teams to pull off this event. Special thanks to Manipal ProLearn for being the knowledge partner for the event and supporting us with their wonderful technical session on Power BI. Manipal ProLearn also introduced a special discount code – DPGMANIPAL that offers DPG members with a 10% off on their three top data & analytics courses on AI, ML, DL & Digital Marketing.
Thanks to DPG members for their passion towards learning. You can find the event feedback and the pictures below. Also, go through the important links.
PS: DataPlatformGeeks not only organizes in-person events, but also webinars with global participation. Check out our latest events here.
Care to say ‘Thank You’ & Help Us Grow The Community?
• The group photo is up on LinkedIn & Facebook – do post your feedback and comments, share the pics and tag yourself.
This will help us in growing the community.
If you like our community work, please support us by liking our Facebook page.
Follow DataPlatformGeeks & Amit Bansal (Founder) on twitter and keep yourself updated on upcoming events and webinars.
• Join us on Facebook, LinkedIn & Mobile.
Data Platform Summit 2019 & Pre-Conference Registrations are now Open
• DPS 2019 will happen in August. Feb pricing is the lowest. Go ahead and register with the lowest price. Remember, DPS 2019 consists of 3 days of summit and 3 days of pre-conference training (full-day classes). There are multiple packages to choose from.
Do you want us to send an official invitation to your company for DPS 2019?
• The DPS Team can officially invite your company. Learn More.
Event Photo Album
• The events photo album has been created on Facebook. Click Here
• Please do not skip the feedback. We want to hear from you. Click Here
SQLMaestros Master Classes
• Wish To Attend Full-Day, Deep-Dive Training? SQLMaestros Master Classes are announced. Classes on SQL Performance Tuning, T-SQL, SSRS, Power BI, SSIS, DevOps, Machine Learning, R, Python & Artificial Intelligence. Learn More.
SQLMaestros Hands-On-Labs, Video Courses & Learning Kits
• SQLMaestros has more learning solutions: Hands-On-Labs, Amit Bansal’s Performance Tuning Video Course & Learning Kits. Learn more.
New SQL Videos
• New videos by Amit Bansal & Satya Ramesh are available now. Watch on YouTube.
• All videos are available in the Videos Library. (Login to get access to the full library)
DPG Recorded Webinars (Free)
• If you want to watch recorded webinars of DataPlatformGeeks, check out our YouTube channel.
Would You Like to Join Us & Volunteer in DPG Community Activities?
• You always wanted to speak but never got an opportunity? Would you like to speak at DPG Free Events & Webinars? Check this out
• Do you want to join DPG as a Regional Mentor and also host meet-up’s in your own organization? No, it is not a full time job, rather an opportunity to contribute back to the technical community. Learn More.
What Do You Want To Learn Next?
• Give us suggestions on topics/subjects that you wish to learn and we will try to deliver those. Click Here.
Important Links For Your Learning, Sharing & Networking
|DPG YouTube Channel||http://www.youtube.com/user/SQLServerGeeks/videos/|
|Free SQL Videos||https://www.dataplatformgeeks.com/free-videos-full-library/|
|SQL Server Health Check||https://sqlmaestros.com/sql-server-health-check/|
|DPS Official Website||http://dps10.com/|
|Call For Speakers||https://www.dataplatformgeeks.com/call-speakers-dpg-events/|
|Call For Regional Mentors||https://www.dataplatformgeeks.com/become-regional-mentor/|
[…] feedback from the community! In February, we also had full-day, multi-track, in-person events in Bengaluru and Hyderabad which saw attendance of 200+ data & analytics professionals in each of the […]