Session Title: Advanced Insides Into System Versioned Temporal Tables
Speaker: Uwe Ricken
Abstract: SQL Server 2016 introduces support for system-versioned temporal tables as a database feature that brings built-in support for providing information about data stored in the table at any point in time rather than only the data that is correct at the current moment in time.
This session takes you behind the basics of Temporal Tables and answers – after a short introduction – the following questions:
– How to handle the change of NULL constraints?
– Can Temporal Tables be renamed and what happens to the System Versioned table?
– What will happen if you change meta data (data length, data type, …)?
– What happens if you drop a column or add another column to the Temporal Table?
– what about security for the system versioned table?
– what about calculated columns in the temporal table?
300+ sessions are now available on-demand from Data Platform Summit 2021 & 2020 at no cost. Browse all sessions.
Stay tuned, more learning coming your way.